Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Muses




Really cute pics by Kerri Tindle of frecklefacephotography.smugmug.com Thanks, Ker!!!


Well, the funniest thing that happened today was something Addison did to her dad. I was loading the dishwasher and Jason called from work (at 6 oclock ish). Addison answered the phone - she LOVES to answer the phone and has from a very early age. She simply said, "Hello Daddy! This is Chandler......no, this IS Chandler...... really I am Chandler...." Then I look up at her from the sink to laugh and I see her pick up a paper towel from the table and start to crumple it up with her hand in front of the mouthpiece to the phone......she says, "Daddy, I can't hear you......I can't hear what you're saying... Bye,bye!" That little stink...we're gonna really have to keep an eye on that one!

Chandler is studying "ghost-somethings" in phonics (like gh, gn, wr, kn) and every time I asked her to spell a word with one of those in it like gnat - she would just say, "Tricky, Tricky, Tricky!!" Oh, yeah, she also informed me that when you have to fill in the little "scan-tron" circles that if you get out of the lines they'll count it wrong. Therefore, she takes like 20 mins to fill in one tiny circle perfectly..... I can always tell when her teacher has impressed upon them a new "rule" because she'll come home and repeat it verbatim (even with her teacher's mannerisms - which are pretty funny!) Like today, she went over the whole when to tell or not to tattle-tale on the playground rules - very extensively, with numbers....1. the first time someone hits you, you ask them not to do that again (and don't hit them back) 2. the second time, just ignore them 3. the third time, THEN you go tell a teacher!

Jackson keeps carrying around these poles that go to a soccer net that we never put together after Christmas and calling them his swords. They go in the waist of his pants and he'll pull 'em on you really quick. Speaking of really quick - he's really honest, too! Today they came in from outside and the first thing he said was, "We went really faw away!" I looked at Addison who immediately clammed up...so I just asked Jackson where 'really faw away' was and luckily they had just run to the back of the property - but Addison wasn't about to let that info go!!! Oh, I might as well put this story in here too - I had left Jack in the breakfast room with his cereal the other day and had taken Chandler back to my room for her spelling practice. All of the sudden I hear Jackson cry his "oh, no, I'm in trouble now cry" and I thought he had spilled his milk everywhere.... I came running around the corner and I could hear running water before I made it out of the hallway. He was "cleaning out his bowl" and had somehow pulled the faucet sprayer completely out of the sink, and it was spraying full blast into my kitchen floor! I was so mad, he didn't even get a spanking -- all I could say was, "You'd better just run and hide...." Chandler encouraged him to do so.....

1 comment: